..

jeudi 19 mars 2015

iOS 6/7/8 Notifications on any GSM Watch (Truesmart, Inwatch, Gear S, etc.) topic


First Draft Here, will probably come back to edit this as I get the time. But I want to acknowledge the maker of Cloudnotify and the effort to get the old school Android-based Gear connected to the iPhone. I was able to use those tools to make this happen.

This is one way I used to get my iPhone 6 Plus Notifications on my Omate Truesmart and InWatch Z. It’s not the only method, and certainly not the easiest, but it doesn’t require a third device or changing your number. It also lets you get those notifications basically anywhere.
Basically, the biggest obstacle is (apart from the jailbreak) iOS’s block on SMS messages from any outside app. You could use your carrier’s tablet SMS app (ATT/Verizon messages, etc) on your watch, but scaling is terrible and it breaks easily with updates. You could port your number to Google Voice, but even if it doesn’t cost you an ETF, you still compromise group MMS ability. The final workaround, and easiest, is to use the ever-awesome Swapplink on an Android tablet using one of the aforementioned carrier SMS apps to get your SMS notifications. Personally, I love my Surface Pro 3 too much to get an Android tablet, and would rather keep the number of devices involved to a minimum. So, we have to break into the iPhone’s SMS notifications with the jailbreak app CloudNotifier.

What you’ll absolutely need

Any jailbroken iOS Device with Cydia.
-I set this up on my iPhone 6 Plus running iOS 8, but you just need CloudNotifier ability

Receiving device (Omate Truesmart, Inwatch Z, Gear S, Neptune Pine, etc.)

CloudNotifier (costs .99 in Cydia)

A Pushingbox.com Account

Notification method that suits your watch
-I use pushbullet on pushingbox, but you could use Newtrify, or anything really with IFTTT. This is why you could use a Gear S, as you could IFTTT them to any phone number.

Extras
Tasker
-This is how I set up tethering on my watch. There are several profiles, but you can do your own. I’ll get into more detail later, but basically, if I’m not connected to my home Wifi on my Omate, I tether to my iPhone. If the iPhone isn’t in range, it turns on mobile data.

Wifi Better Battery
-To better manage your watch's Wifi State

iPhone with Tethering ability
-If your iPhone permits (or has been jailbroken to permit) tethering, you can use Bluetooth to tether your watch. Works well, but is less stable than Wifi (and doesn’t let your Phone use Wifi) thus Tasker.

STEP ONE- iPhone Prep

First, let’s set up Pushingbox and your iPhone. We’re going to go ahead and do this now as it will take some time for your API keys to register. In my case, I had to wait overnight, but a little googling suggests it takes 3 hours. The sooner you do this, the better.
1. Go to Pushingbox.com and create an account.
2. Add a Service that works for you. In my case, it was Pushbullet. There are instructions within the service you choose to configure your API, etc.
3. Once you have a Service ready, create a Scenario on Pushingbox. Call it whatever you want. We’re going to use this new Device ID in your iPhone.
4. For the Title put $application$
5. For the Message put $texte$
6. Note the Device ID for the Scenario, add your previously configured service, and save.
7. Go to Cydia and install Cloudnotifier. It will say iOS 6/7 only, but 8 works too.
8. Once installed, go to settings on your iPhone and find Cloudnotifier.
9. In “Account” put the following- http://api.pushingbox.com/pushingbox?dev=xxxxxxxxxxxx for the xxxxxxxxxx put your Scenario’s Device ID.
10. Now your notifications are freed! Every notification with a Banner will now be sent to the service you configured. This will likely take a few hours, but if you put the ID in properly, it will work.

STEP TWO- Watch Prep

Now we need to receive ALL notifications on your device. If you used Pushbullet, simply grab the APK from evozi (it probably won’t let you download from the store but it works fine). I recommend Pushbullet but any other client is fine to for your platform. If you have a Gear S or any GSM device that isn’t Android, you can configure an IFTTT channel to push them to SMS (Beware your carrier’s SMS rates!) or Email.
Since this is basically every notification from your phone unless you remove the banner on the phone, I suggest disabling notifications for apps on your client device, as the duplicates will get old fast. As long as your Phone is on you’ll get these notifications via your preffered push.

xda-developers