..

jeudi 19 mars 2015

[Q] Help! fastboot flash appears to do nothing! topic


I have somehow totally trashed my Android install. I have a UK retail Moto G XT1032.
While downloading the OTA lollipop update, the download appeared to stall. I decided to give up on the update, so I switched the phone off. When I turned it back on again, every single process crashed. "Unfortunately dialler/android.process.acore/Calendar/android.process.media/etc has stopped". I can keep tapping "OK" for ever to clear these notifications, but can't actually use the phone for anything at all.

So I decided to do a factory reset from fastboot. It made no difference.
I tried a factory reset from recovery. It made no difference.

Using fastboot, I attempted to install the stock ROM according to the guide at http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2542219. Everything seemed to flash OK - I got OKAY on the PC and the commands appeared to be running on the phone OK, but when it restarted, the phone was exactly the same - my wallpaper photo was still there, and the app icons that I could glimpse behind the endless notifications were my apps.
I tried several more times, this time flashing the 4.4.4 ROM (RETAIL-GB_4.4.4_KXB21.14-L1.40_36_cid7_CFC_1FF). Exactly the same results - nothing changes when I restart.

It's as if the mfastboot flash commands do nothing at all! I have run all the mfastboot commands described by the guide in the order given.

I've also tried booting to recovery and connecting to ADB, but the PC cannot see the device.
I've tried replacing the recovery with CWM and TWRP .img files, but the flash command, while seeming to work, doesn't change anything at all! The recovery that I have installed is the standard KXB21.14-L1.40.
I have tried "mfastboot.exe erase recovery", before attempting to update the recovery, but it makes no difference.

Does anybody have any idea what I am doing wrong? It seems that no "mfastboot flash xxx yyy" command works at all on my phone.

xda-developers