..

jeudi 19 mars 2015

[Q] Lg G3 D855 totally messed up ( Lost system.img ) topic


Hello Xdma,

I have a rooted LG G3 D855 (D85520H to be exact). Recently I decided to try and downgrade the firmware from lollipop to Kitkat and failed uberly. For some reason my device had no download mode, and when I tried to put it in this mode, it would go straight to fastboot.

I decided to take matters into my own hands. I found out the only way to get back download mode was to flash the correct laf.img file to my phone. I have all the adb and fastboots installed on my computer. I thought life would also be easier to flash this buy getting a TWRP recovery. I tried using flashify for this. Unfortunately after flashing it I was forced to reflash to the stock recovery because it could never get into recovery mode :(. Instead the screen would go black and the led light would flash red and blue.

Just as I was losing it I then proceeded to do something utterly stupid. I erased the system img from my phone (as well as the laf but I have a backup copy) through fastboot.
I am now unable to get past the LG logo after turning it on. How would I go about fixing this? Feel free to call me as many names under the sun for the stupidity of my actions.

Btw I am an android nooby so be nice and talk in a language I can understand!

Thank you for any available advice!

xda-developers