..

jeudi 19 mars 2015

[Q] Need Help Updating AT&T S.Galaxy 4 V. 4.2.2 Rooted to Newest Version AT&T topic


Hey guys,
I ran a search but I don't understand half the things people are writing. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could please explain to me my options. In layman's terms, as I do not understand half the abbreviations and jargons here.

I rooted my phone over a year ago and really don't remember much about the process. I can't download important apps from Google Play anymore as they require newer versions than 4.2.2... So I'm stuck on this old version and need to update ASAP.

I have ONLY rooted the phone. I haven't done any mods or installed any ROMS. It's on stock AT&T Rom. (sometimes I wonder why I even bothered in the first place).

Can someone please point me in the right direction, I want a regular STOCK AT&T newest version, whether it stays rooted or not that's fine, but a newer version, KitKat preferably. What are my options? The simplest method would help me the most.
Things I really need backed up: My Text Messages, Voicemail, Call Logs, Whatsapp Messages etc. What is the best way to back that up? If I use Titanium Backup, and I don't have root after I update, Titanium Backup would be obsolete. So what would my other option?

Please help.

Much appreciated,

xda-developers