..

jeudi 19 mars 2015

[Q] T-Mobile Gear S on AT&T question topic


Yesterday I purchased a brand new sealed T-mobile from someone and I was aware that I have to have it unlocked before using on AT&T.
I sent email to sim-unlock.net asking them about the cost and the turn-around time.
Today I received email from them asking:

"What message appears on the screen when You insert an unaccepted simcard"

as far as I know this is the regular procedure with any android phones
that are locked to a carrier:

1: Turn on phone with a SIM card inside from another carrier
2: A menu will pop up to Insert the code.
3: Insert the provided code and press OK
4: Device is unlocked.

==============================

Just for the heck of it, I inserted an active AT&T sim into my Gear S to see:
1) if by some crazy luck the watch/phone is unlocked .....or
2) If I get the pop-up text asking to insert the unlock code.

However, this is the pop-up text I am getting:
""Insert SIM card to access network services"

This is strange because the GEAR is also showing a small SIM icon with "X" across in the right upper
corner (indicating that NO SIM card is inserted). I am 100%sure the card is inserted correctly.

Any advice regarding unlock services and how to make the watch work on AT&T will be greatly appreciated. 9I a mreally puzzled why the Gear is not seeing the card being inserted and I presume that is of course why I do not get the popup to insert a the 'unlocking code" (once I get it)

xda-developers