..

jeudi 19 mars 2015

Ways to get root on 5.0 LP topic


So what is the easiest way to root stock VZW LP 5.0?? I HAVE read around in the the forums for quite a bit but with all the updates going on to the software and with Sunshine 3.0 recently getting released, I haven't been able to find a solid answer.

I have held off updating, so I am completely stock on 4.4.4, with temp root via Weaksauce. I really only want root to run "Wifi tether router" for when I need it, and maybe uninstall some bloatware, otherwise I actually like stock just the way it is.

I know the update "breaks" root, and there isn't a way as of now to root 5.0, but then I see lots of people that have updated that are rooted.. So if anyone could be so kind as to explain how they are doing that, I would love to know. Is there maybe a Weaksauce 3.0 temproot on the horizon. I would be fine just running the update and waiting on that too as it's really not that big of a deal to go without it for a whlie. Thanks

xda-developers