..

jeudi 19 mars 2015

[Q] Id love a straight answer on how to mount a wifi storage drive! topic


So I have spent a long time chasing down what have turned out to be dead ends to try and achieve my goal and I am sure the masters of all things android can point me in the right direction!

Here is my setup; N7 2013 rooted lollipop 5.02 stock kernel 500gb seagate wireless, slimport, pair of wireless ps3 controllers. I love the idea of having an easy to transport arcade but the only hitch I am running into is the storage on this thing. I have tried this app, that app (mountmanager, andsmb, cifsmanager, etc.... trying to mount a wifi drive for hours to no avail. From what I have come to understand is that somewhere along the lines they did away with that and my only option is to reflash the rom back to....? I would be so very appreciative for someone to help me out with a plan of attack. The best I could figure was 4.1.2 would work as what is described in this post is what I am after;
google for "nexus-7-tutorial-mount-network-share-as-a-drive" [I could not post web link]

is there anything I might be missing? again, thanks a million and I really did try and do all my research before asking a potentially easy question, I am kind of a dinosaur now... hell, I am still using a blackberry to make phone calls :p this last month has been a crash course in androidology!

z

xda-developers