..

jeudi 19 mars 2015

[Q] Moto G 2nd Gen. (2014, Dual SIM) PS3 controller doesn't work with USB OTG topic


I'm having a strange problem. I recently bought an USB OTG cable to use my PS3 controller on my Moto G.

The phone is rooted, but the stock 5.0.2 ROM (22.26.1.titan_retde.redeall.en.DE retde) hasn't been altered otherwise.

So, when I plug in the PS3 controller via the USB OTG cable, the controller immediately starts charging (slow blink of all 4 leds), but I can't do anything else. I though Android was supposed to support the PS3 controller out of the box?

I tested the cable, it works fine. I connected my Kingston 16GB flash drive, it was automatically mounted and I could access it with Root Explorer.

I also tried the PS3 controller and cable with my Samsung Galaxy S4 (stock android 4.4.2, unrooted) - the controller works perfectly. A Logitech RumblePad 2 which I had lying around also works like a charm on the S4, but doesn't do anything on the Moto G.

So the problem has to be either the Moto G itself or (probably) Android Lollipop.

Did anybody else have a similar problem? Can anybody help me?


P.S.: I don't want to use the PS3 controller over BT, reason for that see here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/andr...-wifi-t3046293

xda-developers