..

jeudi 19 mars 2015

[Q] No notification panel after upgrading to 5.1 topic


I followed the instructions at the following URL to upgrade from 5.0 to 5.1:

http://aaronhastings.me/updating-to-...ooted-nexus-5/

I rooted the device as per instructions as well (my device was rooted at 5.0 as well).

After applying the update and root via fastboot the device booted to the OS as per usual (it did all the updates).

The problem is that I cannot access the notification panel at all when the device is locked.

Also, when in an unlocked state, if I access the notification panel (swipe down from top), it only shows the top portion of the panel which displays the date/time, network strength, battery status and user icon. If i swipe down again, nothing happens.

Finally, I receive no notifications at all. If i receive a new SMS or whatsapp, no notification (besides the tone). If it vibrates or makes beeps, I have to check SMS, whatsapp..etc. to find which app actually received a message.

Any suggestions?

In the past I've always done a clean install. This is the first time applying an update from fastboot with the goal of retaining all of my data.

xda-developers