..

jeudi 19 mars 2015

[Q] root + encryption topic


I want to root my phone but I also need to encrypt it. The challenge as I see it is the root process requires installation of a custom recovery, but I've read that custom recoveries are not compatible with encryption and will prevent me from ever being able to perform a factory reset. I don't care about installing custom ROMS, but not being able to factory reset makes me nervous.

Would flashing back to stock recovery after root be a solution? Is that even possible? I'm thinking these would be the steps:

1. Unlock bootloader
2. Install custom recovery
3. Root
4. Flash stock recovery
5. Encrypt

Or, is there some way to just root the At&t HTC One M8 without having to install a custom recovery?

1. Root
2. Encrypt


Thanks.

xda-developers