..

jeudi 19 mars 2015

[Q] Where can I find documentation? topic


OK, kind of a strange question but . . .

My daughter sent me this phone cause she got it as a freebie from TMobile and it came with the stock Gingerbread / bloatware configuration on it. I immediately Googled some info on how to root it, installed ClockworkMod and CM 11 and have been pretty happy.

Now I want to install the latest CM12 build. I grabbed the TWRP tool and the CM12 built and am ready to go, but first I would like to understand what I can safely delete and what features Google duplicates that CM provides. For example, I have three launchers on my phone (Trebuchet, Nova, and Google) and I am sure that is one, maybe two, too many. Ditto picture and sound apps.

I am not averse to actually reading documentation, but can somebody point me to a tutorial site where I can educate myself and do some reading. I prefer a skinny configuration that only has the stuff I need but I need a little guidance before I start nuking away.

Also, since I flashed this phone within hours of receiving it in the mail I never backed up anything in Gingerbread before the flash. I assume that I will have to reinstall all my apps and data after I flash to CM12 or is there a way to just flash the OS and leave the rest untouched?

xda-developers