..

samedi 4 avril 2015

Cannot change CID back from SuperCid topic


Hi all, I have a tricky problem, I converted my M7 to GPE following this thread "[RUU] Google Edition Conversion. 5.0.1 RUU Zip pre-rooted/non-rooted + firmware ". All went fine but in the end the GPE lacks some stuff that I really like on Stock. Long story short I wanted to go back to stock, so I followed the part in the thread refffering to GPE => Stock


Quote:









Prerequsites:
S-off
1.44 HBoot
RUU for your device (I used )

Ok I thought reversing since I had S-off would be a simple affair and maybe I took a misstep along the way but I got it done.
Here's what worked FOR ME.

1) set CID to superCID
2) install the 1.44 Hboot in RUU mode (thanks SneakyGhost) http://d-h.st/qfc
3) install the RUU for your phone/carrier




I just forgot before the last fastboot reboot to change the CID from 11111111 to my cid.
I flashed the 7.19.401.2-FULL_STOCK_WIPE.zip using 1.44 Hboot. Now it is stuck at the HTC logo afterwards and keeps rebooting, and ends up in stock recovery the phone with the red triangle and exclamation sign.
I did a factory reset from fastboot and now i get the phone with the red triangle. which means it is in the stock recovery but something is wrong. I can manage it to put it in fastboot, but that is all.
Windows each time I connect the phone is no longer recognizing the device so adb fails (I assume because it is the wrong CID). It just says waiting for device and nothing happens further.
How do I change the CID if I cannot connect the device? Tricky ... I tried several adb drivers (I use win 8.1) like "minimal_adb_fastboot_v1.2_setup" and "Universal_Naked_Driver_0.72" . The best I got is a driver installed and showing in device manager but with message "Universal_Naked_Driver_0.72".

Any help is really appreciated.

Best regards

xda-developers