..

samedi 4 avril 2015

[Q] Need help/info. Bricked G2 and Linux Fix method. topic


OK I really need some help and info here. Ive done some searching around on here and other sites, and found what seems to be the only method to fix my phone ... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2582142 ... I feel fairly confident that I can accomplish this method. Although im not running ubuntu but rather kali.

My device had the vzw-vs980-27a.kdz and rooted by stumproot.apk. and the other morning verizon pushed the lollipop ota and now my phone is stuck in the secure boot error fastboot. It fits all the signs as described in the fix it post.

Questions:

1. Since i was on 27A and the files provided in the link only go up to 24A, I was wondering if I could use the 24A image files or will they further break my phone?

2. I was able to find a 27A bootstack zip via https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95916177934539347... the only thing is the bootstack files in the zip are .bin files and the instructions call for .img files.

are these two interchangeable? if not can i use the 24A to fix my phone or can some one direct me to a link where i can find the 27A .img files.

Any and all help and input are greatly appreciated.

xda-developers