..

samedi 4 avril 2015

Samsung keyboard restrict autocorrect to current language topic


I'm using the Samsung keyboard on my Note 4 with two languages enabled (English and German)

Sadly the autocorrect and word learning seems to unified which means that when I write in English (with the English language selected on the space bar ) I still get many german word offered by autocorrect.
Also learnt words seem to be stored in only one dictionary; not a pet-language one

But many words are similar (in terms of swiping path etc) between the two languages so that autocorrect's offerings are often useless. (Bettet instead of better)

The same applies for the handwriting input as that seems to be part of the same keyboard implementation. ..

I'd like it much better if it only used the selected language for word suggestions and kept separate dictionaries for leant words. .I can live with having to store some entries (like names etc) twice if I must

So is there a way to accomplish that?

Or is there a replacement keyboard that works as well with handwriting and swiping but which has separate dictionaries etc?

xda-developers